1.19.2010

Listen to the wind...

 

Mary Elisabeth Frye   Do not stand at my grave


Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.



Listen to the wind



Time is a river that flows endlessly


And a life is a whisper, a kiss in a dream


Shadows dance behind the firelight


And all the spirits of the night remind us:


We are not alone


Tomorrow: a sun soon rising


And yesterday is there beside us


And it's never far away


If you listen to the wind you can hear me again


Even when I'm gone you can still hear the song


High up in the trees as it moves through the leaves


Listen to the wind, there's no end to my...


Love is forever a circle unbroken


The seasons keep changing; it always remains


Spring will melt the snows of winter


And the summer gives us days of light


So long till autumn makes them fade


Remember the sound of laughter


We ran together through the meadows


Still we thought our hearts could break


If you listen to the wind, you can hear me again


Even when I'm gone you can still hear the song


High up in the trees as it moves through the leaves


Listen to the wind and I'll send you my love


Listen to the wind where the sky meets the land


I'm not really gone I've been here all along


High up in the trees in the sound of the leaves


Listen to the wind there's no end to my...


Time is a river that flows to the sea


And a life is a whisper, a kiss in a dream.






Je suis la femme du vent...


















.

"Wind Beneath My Wings"

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.
It must have been cold there in my shadow,
to never have sunlight on your face.
You were content to let me shine, that's your way.
You always walked a step behind.

So I was the one with all the glory,
while you were the one with all the strength.
A beautiful face without a name for so long.
A beautiful smile to hide the pain.

Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

It might have appeared to go unnoticed,
but I've got it all here in my heart.
I want you to know I know the truth, of course I know it.
I would be nothing without you.

Did you ever know that you're my hero?
You're everything I wish I could be.
I could fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

Did I ever tell you you're my hero?
You're everything, everything I wish I could be.
Oh, and I, I could fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

Oh, the wind beneath my wings.
You, you, you, you are the wind beneath my wings.
Fly, fly, fly away. You let me fly so high.
Oh, you, you, you, the wind beneath my wings.
Oh, you, you, you, the wind beneath my wings.

Fly, fly, fly high against the sky,
so high I almost touch the sky.
Thank you, thank you,
thank God for you, the wind beneath my wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment